What is the difference between a variable Direct Debit and a monthly Direct Debit?
Variable Direct Debit
- You pay for the energy that you have used in the previous three months.
- Your total quarterly bill amount will be debited directly from your bank account 14 days from the date on your bill.
Monthly Direct Debit
- Is a monthly payment of an agreed amount.
- This will be calculated based on your actual annual consumption of natural gas, taking into consideration fluctuations in your usage across the year.
- You can choose the date that your Direct Debit is collected every month to suit your cash flow.
- This can be any date between 1st and 28th of the month.You will still receive a bill every three months and this will detail the bill amount and also list all the monthly payments you have made.
- If your monthly bills remain the same all year round, you should expect to be in debit in the winter months and in credit in the summer months.
Your Direct Debit amount is reviewed every time you are billed and adjusted in line with your consumption, and any arrears on your account. This should mean that there are no surprises. You will be notified of any changes in your monthly amount on your quarterly bill.
However, when you first come on supply, we have limited information on what you normally use. When you receive your direct debit confirmation letter, if you think the direct debit amount is too high or too low, please contact us and we will amend it.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask a Question
The response time for reply to your query is 24 hours (Excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
If you have an Urgent Query, please contact our customer services team on: 0800 032 4567