firmus energy GD23 Business Plan
- Publish Date: 30th Jun 2021
- Author: Regulation & Pricing
Having problems with your download?
Please let us know so we can help.
firmus energy has presented our Business Plan for the GD23 price control period (2023 to 2028) to the Utility Regulator. Our plan reflects ambitious growth targets for our Distribution business over the six year period. Placing customers front and centre, we will optimise our contribution to Northern Ireland’s journey to net zero carbon, whilst continuing to deliver value for money and focusing on the safe operations of our infrastructure.
firmus energy is based in Antrim and employs a highly skilled workforce of 120 people, of whom 70 are currently dedicated to the safe and efficient operation of our growing gas distribution business. In addition to our direct workforce, our work supports the jobs of c.300 people in the wider energy industry in Northern Ireland. Our workforce is our most prized asset, and we are proud to be accredited with “Investors In People”, Gold status.
Our GD23 Business Plan builds upon our experience and success in developing a natural gas network in Northern Ireland, since award of our licence in 2005. The GD23 period will be an important phase in the progression of Northern Ireland’s ambitions to deliver a net zero carbon energy landscape, and firmus energy has a critical role to play in this transition. Our plan ensures firmus energy and our customers are best positioned to optimise the significant contribution we can make to Northern Ireland’s goal of net zero carbon.
We have listened to our customers and developed an ambitious, exciting, but deliverable Business Plan for the 2023 to 2028 ‘GD23’ price control period. The Utility Regulator will examine our Business Plan and make an assessment that will determine how we are able to develop our network over that period.
Highlights of our Business Plan;
- Customers, current and future, particularly those more vulnerable, are front and centre of our Business Plan
- Our Business Plan will deliver 55% growth in our customer base over the GD23 period
- We are planning to invest over £130 million in the GD23 period
- We are committed to the continued delivery of value for money for our customers
- Our Business Plan will deliver an 11% decrease in network tariffs for current and future customers
- We remain focussed and committed to the safe operation of our network
- We are positioning our network for optimal contribution to Northern Ireland’s journey to net zero carbon energy
- Our Business Plan will deliver displacement of 1.7 million tonnes of CO2 over the GD23 period
- GD23 Business Plan
- Stakeholder Report
- firmus energy publications
- Modern Slavery Statement
- Tender Opportunities
- Natural Gas Licences
- Terms & Conditions
- GD17 Business Plan
- Distribution Connection Policy
- Distribution Codes of Practice
- Supply Code of Practice
- Conveyance Charges
- Forecast Network Capacity
- Postalised Capacity Charges
- Distribution Network Code
- Energy Consumer Checklist
- Additional Developments
- Annual Development Plans
- Standards of Performance
- Guaranteed Standards of Service
Didn't find the publication you were looking for? Ask a Question
The response time for reply to your query is 24 hours (Excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
If you have an Urgent Query, please contact our customer services team on: 0330 024 9000