Northern Ireland Journalist and former News Presenter, Sarah Travers has been cooking up a storm on her new natural gas hob after upgrading her home to all the benefits of natural gas from firmus energy.
“Cooking with natural gas is cooking with ease – it has brought out my inner chef” explains Sarah, “I have better control of the heat with the easy temperature controls, the hob is instantly ready to use, not to mention it’s the cleaner fuel option and a lot more efficient.”
As an avid runner, Sarah is focused on leading a healthy balanced lifestyle – which ultimately starts in the kitchen. After a jog on Portstewart Strand, Sarah loves nothing more than sitting down to a home cooked meal, full of fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Sarah has shared one of her family’s favourite recipes that you can whip up at home in under 30 minutes using minimal ingredients. A lightly spiced one-pot cod and chickpea curry – a quick and easy low calorie option, rich in flavour and packed with iron too!
“This mouth-watering cod and chickpea curry embraces fragrant spices, with a hint of ginger. Packed full of protein, fibre, vitamins & minerals – this is a great and tasty way to introduce legumes into the kids’ diet!”
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of medium curry powder
- A thumb – sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g of chopped tomatoes
- 400g can of chickpeas
- 4 cod fillets
- Lemon zest
- Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt & black pepper
- Put 2 tsp of olive oil in a large, lidded frying pan. Cook the onion over a high heat for a few minutes then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas (drained) and some seasoning.
- Allow to cook for 8 – 10 minutes until slightly thickened, then top with the cod fillets.
- Cover and cook for a further 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Scatter over the lemon zest, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over.
Finally, tuck in and enjoy with your family!