Dial before you dig
Digging into natural gas pipelines, service connections or apparatus can cause major disruption, serious injury and even death. You may also be held liable for the cost of repairing the damage.
Before starting any excavation work on your property, it is essential to check for gas pipelines, service connections or apparatus. firmus energy’s 'Dial B4U Dig' service provides information, advice and maps on the firmus energy natural gas network.
Following the completion of the North West pipeline in 2004, and the South North pipeline in 2006, firmus energy was able to build the new gas networks in each of these towns across Northern Ireland. These towns include:
• Ahoghilll • Antrim • Armagh • Ballyclare
• Ballymena • Ballymoney • Banbridge
• Bessbrook • Broughshane • Bushmills
• Coleraine • Craigavon • Cullybackey
• Doagh • Londonderry~Derry • Laurelvale
• Limavady • Lurgan • Macosqiun
• Maghaberry • Magheralin • Moira
• Newbuildings • Newry • Portadown
• Portstewart • Templepatrick • Tandragee
* Greater Belfast: Contact the Network operator Phoenix Natural Gas: 03454 55 55 55
firmus energy will offer the following free of charge;
- Plans showing the locations of gas mains and services
- Advice on safe digging practice in the vicinity of gas mains and services
- Site visits to advise on the location of mains and services (requires minimum of 5 working days notice)
- Advice on how to interpret gas plans
If you can provide firmus energy 10 days notice prior to you starting your excavation we can have plans printed off ready for collection at our office or alternatively we can e-mail or post out to you.
Advice should also be sought from the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and the guidance document HSG47 (Avoiding danger from underground services) which details how to carry out excavation safely in the vicinity of gas mains and services.
If you need assistance or have any concerns, please call our ‘Dial B4U Dig’ number on 0330 024 9000 or email email@example.com
Our working hours are Mon to Thurs: 9am to 5pm Fri: 9am to 3:45pm.
We will collect and process your information in line with our privacy notice.
Alternatively request drawings by writing to:
Drawing office, firmus energy
A4-A5 Fergusons Way