What do I do if I smell natural gas?
If you smell gas inside your business, or in the event of a gas escape immediately contact the 24hr NI Gas Emergency Service
on 0800 002 001 textphone/minicom 0800 7314 710*. Please supply:
- Location of where you can smell the gas
Follow the advice given.
1. Turn off the gas supply at the emergency control valve on your meter.
2. Open all windows and doors.
3. Ensure gas appliances have not been left on and unlit.
Do not turn the gas back on. The escape must be repaired by a suitably qualified/competent person.
4. Don’t smoke or use a naked flame.
5. Don't unplug or switch anything electrical on or off.
6. Don't use a mobile phone in the immediate area of a suspected gas leak.
7. Ensure access is available for the emergency service engineer.
*Please note (only accepts calls from a minicom telephone)